There is a wave of Beach Weddings in India these days, and when we think of beaches in India, the first name which comes in our mind is GOA. Specially people from North India are fascinated by the idea of a Beach Wedding in GOA.
The first thought which crosses our mind in the party ambience, cheap booze, a DJ set on the beach with dim lights and neon lights and loud music.
Yes, it actually comes true when you host a wedding in GOA.
Shockingly, very few resorts in GOA have private beach access. By private I mean that the beaches are maintained by the Resort owners and the access to the beach in also only allowed through the property.
Few of such properties are viz., Taj Exotica, The Leela, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, Vivanta By Taj Holiday Village, Park Hyatt Resort & Spa, Dona Sylvia Resort & a few more properties.
You must be thinking of organising your event in GOA too. The first question which jumps into our mind is the budget. A lot of fake rumours have created a hype that the budgets for such events shoot beyond 50Lakhs for sure. This is just a myth.
Friendly tips for starters :
1. Plan a destination wedding for not more than 150-200 people.
2. Think of inviting immediate family and very close friends only.
3. The budget increases exponentially with the number of guests.
Lets consider a case where you are hosting a wedding for 150 guests. (hypothetical)
Event Itinerary (hypothetical again)
Event 1 : Mehendi (Day 1 Lunch)
Event 2 : Sagan / Ring / Cocktail ( Day 1 Dinner)
Event 3 : Haldi /Tilak / God Bharai (Day 2 Lunch )
Event 4 : Wedding Ceremony (Day 2 Event 2)
1. Number of rooms (double sharing) - 71Nos. ( 142 guests )
2. Suites (triple sharing) - 4 Nos ( 12 Guests )(Take 2 for yourself & give 2 to the Groom's family )
Cost of per room per night = 16000 INR ~ 22000 INR (approximately) ( it will depends upon the type of property that you would take ) (also consider that 25,000 INR is not the upper limit, there are properties where this price reaches beyond 40,000 INR )
* This cost includes all the 3 major meals for the day i.e., breakfast, lunch & dinner.
* The hotel will generally offer you breakfast as a buffet in their restaurant or coffee shop, Lunch in a banquet/lawn/pool side and dinner again in a banquet/lawn/pool side as per your preference.
Lets Multiply :
Double Sharing Rooms :
71 Rooms x 16000 INR = 11,36,000 /- INR x 2 = 22,72,000 /- INR
71 Rooms x 22000 INR = 15,62,000 /- INR x 2 = 31,24,000 /- INR
4 Suites x 20,000 INR = 80,000 /- INR x 2 = 1,60,000 /- INR
4 Suites x 30,000 INR = 1,20,000 /- x 2 = 2,40,000 /- INR
Total Cost of Rooms + Meals for 2 Days = 24,32,000 /- INR to 33,64,000 /- INR
So approximately 25 Lakhs to 34 Lakhs is the cost of Accommodation & Food & Beverages during your Events in a 5 - Star Goan Resort. But the expenses didn't just end here.
1. DJ for Mehendi : 15,000 /- INR
2. Mehendi Artists : 10,000 /- INR
3. Mehendi Decor : 1,00,000 /- INR
4. DJ for Cocktail : 30,000 /- INR ( with an LED wall in the backdrop )
5. PPL License for Day 1 : 25,000 /-INR (phonographic performance ltd)
6. Master/Mistress of Ceremonies : 15,000 /-
7. Cocktail Decor : 1,00,000 /-
8. Alcohol Expenses (considering 2 events) : 2,00,000 /-
9. A Sufi Artist or Band or Orchestra during the Wedding Reception : 50,000 /- INR
10.Sound Setup & Stage Platform : 25,000 /- INR
11.PPl License for Day 2 : 25,000 /- INR (phonographic performance ltd)
12. Master/Mistress of Ceremonies : 15,000 /- INR
13. Band / Vintage Car for Baraat : 65,000 /- INR
14. Wedding Decor : 2,50,000 /- INR
15. Management Fee by the Wedding Planner ( Try me ) : 1,50,000 /- INR (Yes, dont try to avoid this, else you shall not be able to enjoy the rest of the money spent )
16. Of-course, we are left with the photography & cinematography, which is nowadays the most complex element of all. A good free lance photographer along with a team of 3 other people shall be enough for your event. A candid photographer, an assistant, a traditional photographer, a videographer and a cinematographer along with an assistant shall be more than sufficient.
A reasonable photography package shall vary anywhere from 1,50,000 /- INR to 3,00,000/- INR. The photographer shall provide you with all the raw data, some edited pictures and 2 albums which shall suffice.
Hence the Total expenditure Excluding Rooms & F&B shall be
12,25,000 /-( 12.25 Lakhs ) INR to 13,75,000 /-(13.75 Lakhs) INR.
This brings the Cost of a Destination Wedding in Goa to
36,57,000 /- ( 36.57 Lakhs ) INR to 47,39,000 /- (47.39 Lakhs)
Please don't forget the following expenses :
* Invitations ( try to get hold on soft invitations, theme designed by your wedding planner )
* Lena - Dena ( don't forget we live in India )
* & keep 50,000 /- INR for miscellaneous expenses.